Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Our Society sponsors a variety of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to support our members who have interests in special genealogical topics. These groups generally meet once a month from September through May (no sessions during the summer).These meetings are interactive allowing opportunities for questions, discussions, and sharing of information.
Current SIGs include:
• Storytellers – Writing Family Stories: don't let your stories or research get lost in time! Write stories to share with family and future generations.
• FamilyTree Maker: a user's group helping genealogists at all levels on how to best use this software.
• Beginner's Genealogy: this SIG covers all the basics on how to get started.
• Why It Matters to Family History: this SIG is a series of 8 sessions that will examine important issues facing family historians; this series will run monthly through Sept. 4, 2024.
SIGs in search of a SIG Leader:
We have several SIGs listed below that are no longer active because they need a leader. If you're interested in becoming a SIG Leader, or have a suggestion for a new group, contact our Education Director at email@example.com
• DNA/Genetic Genealogy
• Legacy Software
• Mayflower Descendants
• Genealogical Records of the States
• Genealogical Resources & Research of the World